Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Goodbye May Seem Forever

I really can't believe the semester is over! It seems like it just barely begun and now we're beginning to wrap up and move on. Well, I just want to take the time to thank everyone who has made comments and even taken the time to read my blog! It's nice to know that it's actually getting out and making a difference! I have really enjoyed doing this over the course of this semester and while at the beginning I was grumbling quite a bit, I have actually learned so much about the family just by spewing out my thoughts and what I've been learning. I think the main take away from this is family life is going to be tough! I think even now I have this ideal picture of what it's going to be like to be married and have kids, but that is not reality! It's going to be HARD WORK to be a wife and mother because relationships aren't something that can just be all hunky dory all the time and fix themselves overnight. They take a lot of time and we need to make sure we are doing 100% to make it work. Obviously as you guys know I'm not married and so I get a lot of what marriage will be like based off of idealistic couples on the Internet, movies, people I know, but what I have to realize is I'm only seeing the parts they want to show people. Everyone has their disagreements and nobody is going to be runway worthy all the time. I think if I go into my future marriage with a positive, but realistic attitude, it will definitely be in my best interest and it will be happier. Today I heard a quote that went something like this: "expectations lead to frustrations". Don't know who that's by, but I agree with it! If we have all these false ideas in our heads, they're only going to make us compare our spouses to false ideals that they will NEVER be able to live up to in this life and we'll just get let down by ourselves. I think families are so worth the effort and I love mine and can't wait to find a man and get started on my own, but it will be hard.

Anyway, thanks again for reading and will I keep up with this blog? I don't know! Honestly it has been so much fun to just rant about things that are happening in life or talk about what goes on in more detail so I think you'll be hearing from me in the future, maybe when I have something interesting to say (like future men).

I love all of you and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment