Thursday, January 5, 2017

I Left BYU-Ido Unmarried and My Life Is NOT Over

Hello world! I'm back after a long break! I was just reading over some of my past blog posts and I don't think it's cool to laugh at your own jokes, but I am hysterical. Anywho, so I've been thinking about doing this blog post for a while and finally got around to doing it because of some life events that have happened recently.

And for all you die-hard Liz fans, still not married, but we're getting there. Okay not really, but hey, I'm still open so boys come at me. But what really happened is I finished up my time at BYU-Idaho. Okay so I still technically have one semester left because I need to do an internship, but my physical time being in Idaho is finished!!!


HAIL THE CONQUERING HERO!!!! 

Thank you thank you. Anyway, so I'm done with that place and boy was I ready to ship out of there! I mean, I have to look back and say I'm grateful for the experience and I met so many amazing people that I wouldn't have met otherwise (AKA my best friend Becca and others who know who they are), but Idaho just isn't my jam. I love the east and Virginia will always be home. And there were a lot of people who I assume thought I would get married because 1) we're Mormon 2) it's BYU-Ido, but I have to say I left there without a man and my life is not over. I know right, such a shock. I'll wait for you to regain consciousness...

Okay you good? Sweet. Yes I said it. And don't think I didn't want to get married. Man there were times I felt like the biggest lameo ever for not even having a boyfriend! I mean everyone else around me was getting shackled...uhh I mean hitched and there I am sitting on my bed...watching Netflix with my roommate sitting next to me yelling at her Netflix show (shout out to Dinosaur Head). I mean okay, I suppose it's hard to meet someone while I'm sitting on my bed, but I just felt like I wasn't going to meet THE ONE out there. I just always felt like he wasn't there which is completely okay. Not everyone meets their spouse at school. Some people have to get out into the world which is what I'm doing so I packed up all my stuff and moved back home and I am so happy. And I know marriage is supposed to make people happy and some girls act like it's the be all end all, but I have to say my life isn't over and I think I like it this way.

Again, I'll let you recover. I'm sorry for shocking everyone left and right, but as I've said, you have to be on your toes around me.

My life is anything but over and I'm really recognizing how my plan was okay, but Heavenly Father's plan is better and I'm glad it's better! It's been so much better to do things this way and I can't imagine life my way. In the words of one of my favorite people ever, 


And she is SO right! God's plan is always the best and He knows how to make life so great! It's amazing what happens when you let go, have a little faith, and take the leap! I'm doing this internship for my degree and I'm completing it with a professor at Virginia Tech and I met with her today and let me just say, I am so blessed. This is seriously the best opportunity ever. And it's so great that it came at a time when I was kind of doubting myself and thinking maybe I'd made the wrong decision. NOPE. I met with her and she told me as an undergrad, I'd get to help with research and put my name on a research paper that other people could use in their reference sections. ME, MY NAME WILL BE ON SOMEONE'S REFERENCE LIST AS AN UNDERGRAD!!!!! This is SO huge and I wouldn't have been able to do it without listening to that still small voice and talked to some people who's names will be sung to the heavens forever. Seriousy these people are the bomb. But I am just so grateful for how life is turning out. It just seems like everything is falling into place and just a little while ago, I was feeling like nothing was falling into place. I was sitting there thinking why Lord? Why am I just sitting here with my wheels turning and nothing is happening? I'm starting to see why now. He had to get certain things in place and have certain people be in my life. And I'm so grateful and glad I decided to have patience and stick it out. Some of you might be in a similar situation and be thinking, "Where do I go in my life"? My answer is pray and ask! He wants to help you and is just begging for you to ask. And for those like me who take the leap and then think, "Was this the right way?" YES YES YES YES!!!! Yes you made the right choice and everything will work out, you just need to have some patience and wait for it. And maybe someday I'll be on here writing about how my man showed up in my life at just the right time and I will be so glad it happened that way. 

Anyway, I think that's all for now. I hope you all have faith and perservere! Life is OH SO GOOD! 

Love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment