Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Dad Is Great, He Gives Us Chocolate Cake

Hi! Happy Thanksgiving this week! I hope everyone is able to spend it with their families and friends. I'm down in Utah this week spending it with my dad's side of the family and it's been pretty great so far! It's nice to get away from all the hullabaloo of living in a college town and get to spend it with people I care about. I would LOVE to be back in Virginia with my immediate family because up until I came to college, I was with them every year and so it's still kind of hard not to be with them, but I'll take my extended family any day!

Anywho, so this week in class we talked about dads which is one of my favorite subjects because dads are awesome! I think it's sad that a lot of people don't put a lot of emphasis on fatherhood because in this day in age, a lot of guys just don't stick around.

To lighten the mood, I thought I'd put up some pictures of me and my dad because he is awesome!

This is when I first met my dad. He was in the Air Force when I was born, but I got to meet him a few months later.


Dad and I. We were a couple of cool cats. 
The fam before my siblings. 
And last but not least, dear old dad and I before I went off to college. I'm getting a little farklempt!

Anyway, so there's a taste of memory lane. So we discussed in class that dads have a HUGE influence on their children! I feel bad for people who didn't have a dad in their life because I don't know where I'd be without mine! Sure my dad wasn't perfect (I mean who really is?) but I love him a lot and he means the world to me! He's worked long hours at a job to put food on the table for us, he's been to EVERY performance he could make it to because my siblings and I are into music at school, he drives us around like the chauffeur, and so much more! 

My dad has taught me a lot in my life. I mean, he's not my mom, but that's okay because he's not supposed to be. Dads have just as much influence on kids as moms do. Children need to be brought up in a home with a MARRIED mother and father because kids need the influence of both. 

In class we also talked about how women can help men want to be dads and it basically came down to appreciating what they do for the family! I feel like a lot of guys have to skate through family life not getting much appreciation for what they do because they do a lot like providing clothing, food, shelter by working long hours all week, being there for their kids by supporting them at school, and the list could go on forever. Basically, guys just need to know they are being appreciated and know they're doing something right!

I think I'm going to wrap up for now and I hope everyone has a spendid Thanksgiving and you all eat tons of turkey and pie (or whatever you like to eat, and if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, have a great week!) Sorry if this post is short, but I'm just not into my homework groove right now...

Love,

Liz 


No comments:

Post a Comment